do you carrot about food waste?
Join a collective of foodies striving to make an impact
FREELANCE Social Media Coordinator *CLOSED*
Freelancer 4-month contract (open to extension). 8 hours per week
Deadline: 20 July 2020
Pay: UK Living wage (London living wage for those based in London)
Location: Remote (UK based)
Are you passionate about social innovation, environmental issues and working with multicultural communities? Do you consider yourself a social media guru? If yes, we want you to be part of our next chapter as Preservation Culture in its journey to tackle food waste in the UK!
We upskill and employ ethnic minority and migrant women who possess amazing culinary skills to teach others their knowledge of cultural food preservation techniques sharing valuable practices in how to run a zero-waste kitchen. We think what we do is important and we are looking for a passionate social media guru to bring their skillset to Preservation Culture to help us spread this knowledge and the amazing work the women do.
Interactive, minimalist and fun – We are looking for someone that helps build on the visual style we have developed to create meaningful content.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating engaging copy and content pieces: for our newsletters, emails, Youtube and social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter (images, videos, animations/gifs and infographics)
- Blog post writing: keep our blog up-to-date with regular blog posts driven by research
- Managing our online presence and online community management: build our online presence through social listening tools, manage customer comments/inquiries on social media channels and funnel information to the appropriate team member
- Managing our content calendar: plan regular, relevant and engaging content
- Creating & managing Digital advertising campaigns: create Facebook ads to promote content and drive traffic to our website page, increase registrations, and increase customer engagement and loyalty
- Analyse Social Media performance: Help oversee, collect and analyse social media metrics to assess the effectiveness and reach of our online presence, and make recommendations for improvement
The ideal person for this role will be:
- An excellent communicator and creative writer who takes pride in creating content that tells an engaging story
- An innovative content creator, intuitive with up-to-the-minute knowledge of major digital platform algorithms and trends
- Able to produce performance reports and share valuable insights
- Has basic video and photo editing skills, basic design skills with a strong visual eye
- A self-starter, able to manage their own time and doesn’t need permission to get stuck in where they can see something should be done
- Good English speaking and writing skills
- You may also have some of the following skills and experience, but these are not essential:
- Familiarity working with programmes such as Canva and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in growing a YouTube channel from scratch either personally or professionally
- Experience with search engine marketing and paid advertising
- Interest in social innovation and passion for environmental issues / food innovation / interest in working with multicultural communities
- Experience working with purpose-driven organizations
- Have the opportunity to contribute and build in a growing startup
- Start date and working days flexible
- Join a collaborative team culture that values every member’s input
- You will have a lot of freedom, ability to grow and work directly with the founders
- Opportunity to get involved with areas of the business you are interested in
Our Team Culture:
We are a passionate group of eco-foodies who are dedicated to the social impact space and to the zero waste movement to build a more sustainable world.
We largely work with flexible schedules and need a person who is self-disciplined and a self-starter. You will work from home, with weekly virtual team meetings. If you need to attend any physical workshops that take place in London you will be compensated for your travel and food.
If you feel that you are the person we are looking for, and you would like to join the team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with 3 examples of social media content you have previously created by Monday, 20 July 2020
The content can be words, memes, photos – we are looking for creativity and understanding of brand along with attention-to-detail and relevance for the chosen platform.
We are looking for a diverse range of candidates from all walks of life. We don’t believe that CVs can ever tell the whole story so if you’re interested in working at Preservation Culture, feel free to tell us your story and about why you’d be good at it in a cover letter or e-mail body.
We will schedule a virtual interview with you in the last week of July. The selected candidate will be expected to join the team from 01 August 2020.
30 minutes Interview
All roles have a 1 month probation period